In this video, Julie will be demonstrating 5 stretches for back flexibility that you can do in the morning to help you get a stronger and more flexible back in only 5 minutes a day.
5 stretches to do in the morning
Yes! In the morning! It’s important. If you do these stretches in the morning, you’ll benefit from that for the rest of the day: you ‘ll be in better chape, in better mood, in better anything really.
Why it matters to have a strong and flexible back
Having a strong and flexible back:
- Helps reducing the risks of injuries,
- Helps preventing chronic back pain and back disorders
- Helps improving posture and balance
- Helps improving physical performance
- And actually Helps increasing self-esteem and building self confidence
Each stretch lasts 30 seconds execute them at your own pace.
You will hear a gong sound when it’s time to switch to the next one
1. The seated calves touch (hamstring stretch)
Relaxation top & bottom of the back, back of the thighs
2. Glute Stretch
Gluteal muscles stretch, femoral biceps & piriformis stretch
3. Torso Twist Stretch
Stretch the entire area of the lumbar muscles.
4. Lumbar muscles workout
Strengthening the lumbar muscles
5. The cat & cow pose
The best Yoga pose for your back
These back stretches are a good work out for deep muscles of the spine, back of the thighs & up to the shoulders muscles.