With this exercise, we will perform a twist of the lower back thanks to which we will soften the whole area of the lumbar muscles, but also the upper back, the shoulder blades & the shoulders.
- You extend your left leg, bring your right knee towards your chest, and gently pull it towards you, as if you wanted to kiss it…
- With the left hand, gently bring the right knee to the ground by pivoting to the left, extend the right arm to the height of the shoulder, turn the head slightly to look towards the right hand.
- We keep the shoulders well stuck to the ground, to better feel the stretching…
- We change legs…
- Pull the knee towards you and gently, with your right hand, bring the left knee to the ground.
- We intensify the stretching at the level of the shoulders and rhomboids by bringing up the left hand.
- We intensify the stretching in the lower back by playing on the position of the right knee.
This stretch works the upper back muscles of the shoulder blades, shoulders, as well as the deep muscles of the lower back.
Upper & lower back stretching: in pictures
1. Bring the right knee towards the chest
2. Bring the right knee to the ground
3. Turn the head to the opposite side
4. Deep back muscles
5. Increase the intensity of the stretch
6. Twisting of the lower back
Relax your back by practicing this lower back twist